Christian A. McTarnaghan
Christian is a partner at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. His law practice focuses on bequest management, representing national charities and non-profit organizations in fulfilling the wishes of their charitable donors while maximizing gifts and minimizing any administrative burden. Christian is a member of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP) and the Charitable Gift Planners of Houston (CGPH).
His practice has also included representing disabled veterans before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, where he has argued a number of cases including Lyles v. Shulkin and Petermann v. Wilkie. He has also represented disabled veterans before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Christian received his B.A. in government from Colby College, cum laude, and his J.D. from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, cum laude. While in law school, he served as a Lead Articles Editor on the Suffolk University Law Review. Christian is currently a member of the CAVC bar association where he serves on its Rules Advisory Committee, and NOVA, where he is a member of the Amicus Committee.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Court
- Not licensed by Rhode Island
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Organization of Veteran’s Advocates (NOVA), Member
- NOVA Amicus Committee, Member
- CAVC Bar Association, Member
- CAVC Rules Advisory Committee, Member
- National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP), Member
- Charitable Gift Planners of Houston (CGPH), Member
August 18, 2020
June 19, 2019